Friday, October 17, 2008

TGIF!!!!

Roger and I ran a bunch of errands today. We went to the Building Inspector to try to get a permit for the driveway extension. The HomeOwner's Association wants a permit, the building inspector says it's not necessary. Oy! I'm thinking of making this saga into an opera! I did ask the building inspector to write a letter to the HOA explaining why they don't think a permit is necessary. We may get this done by 2010!

Then food shopping, my favorite thing to do (NOT). I'm back on WW doing the "Core" plan, which means lots of fruit and vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, no bread, flour, yada yada. So far I've lost 4.2 pounds last week. I keep looking for new recipes and I made a good chicken recipe yesterday.

Margie's MexiChicken

1 whole chicken breast, split into 2 pieces
2 tsp olive oil
1 can Ro-tel (tomatoes w/jalepeno)
1 cups cooked brown rice
1 can corn, drained
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups salsa
fat-free sour cream (optional)

1. Salt and pepper to taste, chicken breast and brown in olive oil. When brown, add can of Ro-tel. Cover and cook on low for at least one hour, I let it go for about 2 hours, but keep checking to make sure it doesn't evaporate.

2. 15 minutes before serving, combine brown rice (cooked), drained corn and drained and rinsed beans in pan with salsa. Heat until hot throughout.

3. Plate chicken onto a mound of rice mixture. Garnish with sour cream if desired (I always desire).

Totally core and totally delish (OMG, do I sound like Rachel Ray?).

It got really cold here today. I'm going to have some tea and work on my knitting. Bye all!

No comments: